Monday, January 15, 2007

Winter Wonderland

It is so icy and cold out. The trees and fences, and toy trucks we have left outside are all covered in an inch of ice. Driving through our neighborhood I have to swerve to avoid fallen limbs. But it is so beautiful out. Eveything sparkles and shines. It is so wintry outside and so cozy inside.
I have candles and matches ready to go incase the power goes out. We have water, and wood, and lots of food, so we are ready, but no emergency. Our inlaws have not had power for a few days. I think Karen lives for these kinds of times. She has wood and food supply running out her ears. Without electricity, I think she could still make a big dinner with all the "fixins."
Zion and Juddah are so cute bundled up, ready for the cold. They are like marshmellows walking out the door. I feel bad squishing them into their carseats. When I was buckling Zion into his carseat today, I noticed he had slipped on two hats. He is so hat crazy. He always wants to wear a hat. Juddah is the opposite, he always tells me "I not need a hat, it's not cold out."

So here's to my first post! I hope this isn't too lame. I always seem to compose "blog ideas" in my head, but nothing was really coming to me today. Stay warm everyone!