Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Splish Splash

We love taking baths. A bath before bed is just the ticket to get the boys settled down and ready to count sheep! The boys are so crazy about taking baths. They painstakingly pick out toys, and they have become very good at helping me get them undressed. When I was pregnant with Juddah I remember reading about getting babies on a routine so they know when bedtime is, and how a bath is a great signal to them to start getting sleepy. Since Juddah was a wee tyke I have religiously given him a nighttime bath. It is great that he loves it so much, and it is so fun to have Zion in the tub too. They are mighty splashers. So mighty I have to close the shower doors so the whole room doesn't get soaked. I am not so much a fan of closing the shower doors, but the boys feel a great since of freedom with them closed, probably because I don't have to hear "keep the water IN the tub" a million times from me. Along with splashing they love to dip the top of their heads in the water, take sips of the water (yuck), and slide on their tummies.


The boys in their towels. Hmm, too bad we only have one duck towel, Wendy! OK if you don't have time to make one, do you wanna send a pattern??


The splash squad just warming up.

I wish I had pictures of the boys firsts baths on this computer so I could post them here. Oh the first bath of the squiggly little baby body. I thought they would be traumatized forever because of it. I think they have forgiven me or forgotten about it, because nowadays they crying come when it is time to get out of the tub. I give a five minute warning, a two minute warning, and a pull the plug and wait for all the water to drain warning. It is hard to stop such a fun activity though, and sometimes there are tears.