Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Tuesday Update

Today has been so great. Remember the disastrous music class last week? Well today was much much better. Zion stayed home with Dad, and Juddah and I went to the class. He was a little nervous at first and told me he wasn't feeling good. So we got some water, and went to the bathroom. At first he didn't want to take off his hat or gloves or coat, but I convinced him to atleast take off his hat and gloves. The first song I held him and danced, which is something that most the kids do. Then we all sat and sang a few songs. Then we got the musical instruments out, and he was so excited. He picked out some snapper things first. We were able to use the instruments for three songs, and Juddah picked out a new noise maker for every song. He marched and danced and ran around with the other kids from there on out. I was so happy. I was so proud of him for feeling so comfortable. When we were leaving I said "Juddah I had so much fun, did you?" He said "Yes I can't wait to go back!"
Today was also library day. We picked up Zion, got his coat and hat, some pretzels and headed to story time. The boys had fun at story time. The 10:30 group is huge, and there are lots of boys who also have a hard time sitting still so we fit right in. As I looked around at the kids I noticed the boys squirming, standing, bouncing, wiggling, jumping, and the girls sitting and enjoying the story, why is this? Zion and Juddah also enjoyed coloring with all the kids afterwards.
What a fun day, and so incredibly opposite from last tuesday. I am glad I only took Juddah to music class. I think I will continue leaving Zion at home, atleast until Juddah is a music class pro, and then I can focus on wrangling Zion.
Oh wild-Z...