Friday, July 6, 2007

Water World, are you strong enough?


Here I am, held captive in my own home. My capture, lurks outside, waiting for any chance to attack. He is faster than I am. I have to be smart. How can I out think a professional? I desperately want to get the clothes off the line before he soaks them, but I may just have to count my losses and be grateful I got out with my life.




Ah ha, he looks away, I slip outside and wrestle the sprinkler out of his grasp. Victory is mine. I soak him until he can hardly breathe. He surrenders, and promises to never hose the house down or the clothes on the line. I think our agreement is fair, and I give him back his weapon. But then, unwilling to fight the temptation he shoots me in the back. A searing cold runs over me. Am I lost forever in this world of terror and sprinklers?

Hope arrives, he calls out, "I am done. Help me turn off the waaaa-terrrrr."