Sunday, July 8, 2007

Dandelion Farm

This morning as I was weeding in the backyard, the boys were so busy. Juddah and Zion brought me Dandelion after Dandelion. It was so cute. I kept putting them into my back pocket. When we went inside we put all the dandelions in vases. They were so pleased with their sweet gifts. The cheery little flowers made me realize that maybe I am OK with being a dandelion farmer.

This spring I tried to get rid of all of the dandelions using vinegar. When the flowers died, they left brown patches of dirt everywhere. I thought the bare dirt looked worse than the dandelions. So I resentfully let the re-born weeds live. Today, though, I was glad that so many of them survived. It isn't too hard to understand why dandelion seeds were brought across the ocean with the Pilgrims.


These are for you mom!


Zion proudly displays the flowers he picked


Juddah shows his lovely bouquet