Saturday, May 12, 2007

My Mom, yep, Mine

Let me tell ya about my Ma. First off, she raised seven beautiful daughters. I don't know how she did it. Just having two kids makes me feel all crazy and sweaty most of the time. I can just picture us grocery shopping at Raley's. Riding under the cart, hanging off the side of the cart, adding many treats to the cart, running around the store, and then the nightmare, the check out stand, so many treats to beg for and to grab. I know I forced her to leave many times due to screaming and crying.

I don't know how she got anything done. She was always sewing curtains, or clothes, or making blankets for us. She has also had many side jobs that she could do at home. She has made Christmas tree topper angles, tutored elementary kids, and has also made ceramic buttons, to sell at craft shows.

My mom has always kept nice flower gardens. Now she weeds almost two acres of raspberries. Oh, selling raspberries, there is another one of her at home projects.

My mom has the cutest laugh....Sigh! She also does a mean "shuffle off to buffalo." I have such a great picture in my head of listening to the nutcracker suite one Christmas, and my mom busting into a jig.

My mom has also been so positive and supportive to each of us girls. I know we have all done things that have been hard to swallow, but through it all she has loved us, and done anything for us. I can't believe some of the things I have put that lady through, ug. And now that I am a mom I expect to get my payback tenfold. I also understand more clearly the sacrifices she made to help us all grow up. What a time, and life, and money, and, and, and....etc investment she has put into us girls.

And the list doens't even end there. She has like a million grandkids, and she is such a sweet grandma to all of them. I know my boys love their grammy.

Thanks Ma. I love you so much. You are so cute and great.