Thursday, March 1, 2007

Catch o' the Day


This morning at 3am the alarm went off. "It's three already?" I mumbled. Jon shot out of bed, excited for opening day of trout season. I heard him bumbling around getting all his gear on. At six I heard thunder, lightning and hail. I pictured Jon at Meramec Springs, disappointed that he wasn't able to fish. But when he got home he had two nice looking trout in his cooler. I asked him if he was scarred to be chest deep in a river while a thunder storm roared overhead. He said "I wasn't scarred, but I told the guy next to me if I was hit by lightning, he could have my pole!" The boys were so excited to see the shiny fish I could barely get them to eat breakfast. Now we have beautiful fish fillets in our fridge. What should I serve with fish?


*********
I figured out how to change the font size, so I hope this makes my blog easier to read, and it makes my entries look longer, double bonus!!