Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Puppy Love

Juddah always pretends he has a dog, or is a dog named "Lightning." We have talked on and off about getting a dog, but have always decided against it. On Sunday Juddah announced "I need a puppy." So Dad hopped online and found a dog he thought would be great. I didn't know for sure if he was going to get the dog, and then when he got home "surprise" a little puppy was in his arms.

Wow a new member of our family, and I didn't even get any stretch marks!



The boys have been so excited. The dog seems to love Juddah the most. She follows him everywhere. Zion runs around saying "chase, chase!" Juddah named the dog "Lightning." I have tried to convince him to name her something else, like Rover, or Kaya,or pretty much anything, but he insists, her name is "Lightning."


She is a really smart dog too. She is part Australian Sheppard, and part farm collie. Yesterday we took her to the farm, and Karen was moving the rams out of the field that the girl sheep are in. Lightning, ran right to the pasture, and separated the girls from the ram. It was amazing. We were all shocked that she knew just what to do. We hope we can train her to help us move cattle. We are working on house training her. Which, I have not been to consistent at. I can't really follow her around everywhere to make sure she doesn't poop or pee. I know it just takes time, but seriously, can she start picking up after herself?? So far so good. I have had mixed feelings about having a puppy, but she has been so fun.

So if anyone has any good potty training tips send them my way.