Sunday, April 29, 2007

Port Angeles Weekend

After working all morning out in our hopelessly ugly yard, Jon and I decided we needed a break from the city. We wanted tall trees, fresh air, and the salty smell of the Straits of Juan De Fuca. When we got to Port Angeles Sarah had an hour before work. So we hung out a little. Then we took Iris and our boys to play at the beach. The three of them had such a great time (I of course left my camera in the car, but I was able to snap some other fun pictures this weekend!) They threw rock after rock into the water. Then after about an hour they all had had enough and we were all so cold. We met up with Charlie and went to the restaurant Sarah works at for some great sea food. The kids did so well sitting and waiting for our food, which of course, makes everything so enjoyable. It was fun to hang out with Charlie. This was the first time I have ever been around him when there wasn't some big event (like a wedding or moving) going on. They convinced us to stay the night at there new house. I was surprised at how easily the boys went to sleep in a strange place, but I think they were rather exhausted. We woke up early this morning. We enjoyed donuts at a very cool park, and then headed back to the big city. It was so fun to be with Sarah and her little family. Their new home totally rocks. I hope they will let us take over their floor space again! Waa hoo for cousins!


Iris and Zion in a hammock


Sarah's and Juddah's heads at the park

Juddah on a cool boat


Zion Climbing with expert persission


Three cousins at the grocery store