Friday, April 13, 2007

Online and feeling fine

Whew, so it has been forever since I have posted anything. You will have to forgive me! Amid all the packing, driving, visiting family, driving, unloading, unpacking, organizing, and getting use to a new sleep schedule (Jon is out the door by 6am) I have been totally exhausted. I feel so guilty because I know Jon is tired too, and I have been taking afternoon naps (and being grumpy to the boys until they go to sleep too) I should mention, sweet delicious afternoon naps, that I wake up all disoriented and hungry from. The layout of our house is so similar to our last house, that when I am waking up, before I have opened my eyes, I forget where I am.

The house here is so great though. I love it. The kitchen has so much storage, I don't know what to do with it. I can't wait to hit up garage sales, and clearance sales for all the small things we need, like toy shelves, hand towel holders, etc. I have been busy making curtains. The windows are wide, but narrow. I hope the curtains don't look too "chinsy". But they work for now, and can be remade, or changed later. I made dark curtains for the boys room, hoping to inspire them to sleep later in the mornings. I want to get on a schedule where I stay awake after Jon leaves, have a quiet morning, and then be ready for the day when the boys wake up. I have stayed awake a couple of times, but like I mentioned before, I have been so tired. I am such a wimp about sleep, I don't know how I survived newborns!


It has been fun to learn how to get around a new town. Auburn is very easy to navigate. Yesterday I even went to Tacoma, and didn't get lost. I am so amazed at how slow and courteously everyone drives. I am use to people racing around me and cutting me off. Everyone drives the speed limit here, and uses there blinkers! Incredible!

Next week I hope to venture to some new sites. Maybe find some neat hikes for me and the boys. We will also make a trip to Sarah's to help her move to her new home. I am so excited to see Sarah. I think her little girl and my boys will have fun too.

***Stay tuned for pictures of our new place (as soon as I get my camera back, ahem ahem.)