Saturday, August 4, 2007

Sewing

I "fixed" my sewing machine the other day. Ok, I only thought it was broken. The piece that holds the needle in place fell out one day when I was sewing about two months ago. I thought maybe the sewing maching gods were trying to tell me something because I could not for the life of me figure out how to re-attatch the needle holder thing. Two days ago, I was struck with an idea out of the blue, and was able to repair my machine. Since it was fixed I started day dreaming, and rearraagning furniture in my head to create the perfect sewing room set up. I moved our entry table to hold up the TV, the TV table to be my material cutting station, took books off the bookshelf and unpacked material onto them. Perfect, everything has a place, easy to locate corduroy, or prints, or solids. My dream come true. I have started a few projects, and my skills are a little rusty (not that I was such an expert before.)

I sew mainly patchwork, hippy type clothes, so I need a variety of colors and fabrics in just one piece of clothing. It makes a huge, gigantic mess. In previous sewing spurts of mine, I have used the dining room table as my fabric staging area, and then had to clean it up for every meal and art project. Loosing many tiny, but vital pieces of fabric in the process. I am so thankful to have this extra table, and extra room to sew in. I don't have any where in mind that I am going to be selling clothes like this, but maybe something will pop up; a farmers market, or store, or maybe I will figure out how to make a web-site. I just like having a creative outlet that has nothing to do with being a mom! Oh, did I say that out loud?


A half finished tank top with a flower applique. It will be reversable when it is finished.


My fabric table, what a wonderful mess!


My machines all set up and ready to rock, with the maaterial stacks in the background. Sweetness!