Monday, August 6, 2007

Bumble Bees and Bruises

Look what Juddah found in the backyard! A bumble bee! The bee was just dead, laying right in the grass. Juddah was very concerned for this big bee.


We put the bee into a little cup so we could look at it closely. We were surprised at how furry the bee was. After we were done looking at the bee we put it in our compost pile so nobody would step on it. Someone told me bees can sting even when they are dead.


The other night, while at the park, Zion was acting very independent. He would say "I need to Ruuuunnn!" and would take off down the field. Finally I called to him "Zion come back and play with Mom and Juddah, or we have to go home." So Zion came running back to us at full speed. The only problem was he wasn't watching where he was going, and ran right into bar that was head height. He fell flat on hit back with a big thud. He cried a cried. I felt so bad for the wild little guy. Just goes to show, you should always play by mom, and not wander off! As we walked home he kept saying "I knocked myself out mom. I knocked myself out right here."


When we got home he had a bruise starting to show up on his forehead. It didn't show up in these pictures, but I thought it was funny how happy he was to have his picture taken, even right after he "knocked himself out."