Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Can I get some help here?

I am having a bad hair month. It is just not looking good, no matter what I do. I am seriously contemplating cutting it. I need some feedback. Should I cut my hair into a choppy bob? Or should I trim it and hope that solves some of the problems? Should I change my shampoo? What to do?
My problem with my long hair is, is I never know if I am going to have a great hair day, or a horrible hair day. I do the same thing about everyday, and depending on, who knows what, it either looks great or bad. Which, isn't a problem when I am just going to go to the grocery store, but then when we have friends over, or I want to look good, I don't know how my hair will turn out. Here is my "hair" routine: Shampoo/condition with products that are suppose to control frizz and bring out your waves, brush with a soft comb, put in wavy hair stuff, scrunch, let air dry. Like I said before, sometimes it looks great, sometimes it looks terrible. When mom and dad were in HR, I used a blow dryer for the first time in about 4 years. It made my hair look great one day, then the next not so great.
The perks to short hair, if I remember correctly, is it looks great no matter what. Even when I would cut at it myself, not wash it for weeks, put lots of product or no product in, it looked alright. But then, it is the same everyday, and I like to think with long hair I have some versatility, even if I have no control, or how-to-fix-it knowledge. I try to be as free, or easy going with my long hair as I was with my short hair, but the results of not doing anything with long is so drastically different than with short.
Ug, I suppose I need to stop obsessing. Maybe someone will have some good advice for me out there, maybe, please, help, ahhhh.